Did you know that we could test oral fluids?
Oral fluid collection is an effective tool for monitoring herd health. It is also stress-free for animals, and cost effective for producers.
The VMDL offers the following tests for oral fluid samples:
- Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae gel-based PCR
- Porcine Circovirus 2 (PCV2) gel-based PCR
- Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus (PEDV) qRT-PCR
- Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS) Virus qRT-PCR
- Swine Influenza Virus (SIV) qRT-PCR
- Swine Influenza Virus (SIV) Virus Isolation