The University of Missouri has announced changing policies to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Although policies change on a daily basis, the VMDL will do its utmost to continue serving its clients throughout these difficult times. The VMDL will operate with reduced staffing and mission critical personnel in all lab sections.
How does this impact our clients?
- Our facilities will be secured and no clients or visitors will be allowed inside. We will provide a drop box for daytime sample submission located outside our receiving entrance. This drop box will not be available after hours. We encourage clients to prepare paperwork in advance.
- We will continue to receive specimens via FedEx, FedEx billable stamps, UPS, and US Mail.
- Turnaround times and testing capabilities may be impacted. We will do our best to meet your needs, but it may take longer than usual.
What about necropsies?
- We encourage our clients to consider field necropsy with tissue collection as an alternative to whole animal submission, whenever possible.
- When submitting a whole body, please have paperwork ready. We will be limiting in-person interactions and will offload the specimen with the client remaining in their vehicle. Smaller animals may be placed in the drop box.
- Digital photographs of gross lesions may be submitted with field necropsy specimens, when available. Please call 573-882-6811 if you would like to provide images with your submission.
- We will be limiting necropsy specimen submission to daytime business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 AM- 5 PM).
Thank you for your continued business and support. Please stay safe.
Dr. Shuping Zhang
Director, Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory
Professor, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology